Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Dream Classroom

After I graduate, I hope to be teaching in a second grade classroom of about twenty students. In my opinion, second grade is a great level to teach. Students under than that need a lot of assistance in everything that they do. Also you have to teach all the basics. On the other hand, students in the upper grades aren't as excited to be in school. Second graders still are anxious to be in school and they are eager to learn new things. I love working with young children because they make everyday an adventure. I hope to integrate technology in any way possible. I think that it's important in this day and age that young people gain knowledge about the various technologies around them. However, I do realize that many schools cannot afford many of the new technologies so I will not have access to everything.

I also would like to be teaching in a school in the outskirts of Harrisburg. In these schools there will be higher levels of diversity than I'm used to which will be a great experience for me. I'm excited to make a difference in the lives of many of my students. Another reason why I would like to teach around Harrisburg is because I have lived in a small town all my life. I am ready to branch out and experience new things. (Also the pay is better!) :-)

No comments: